MAPS 3.4.2 is a long-term support (LTS) release. The primary purpose of a long-term support (LTS) release is to promote and ensure the reliability and dependability of the released software.
- MAPS 3.4.2 is designed to run on Windows 7 and Windows Server 2008 R2 onwards, it no longer supports the Windows Vista or Windows Server 2008 operating systems.
- MAPS 3.4.2 requires Microsoft .NET Framework 4.5.2. If this is not installed then the installation uses an offline installation that it provides to install this for you (so no further downloading is required).
- When updating your Adroit installation to this version, we recommend that you allow the MAPS 3.4.2 install to handle this process for you to ensure that all your relevant project settings are maintained and preserved, during the uninstalling and reinstalling process.
MAPS 22.214.171.124 Improvements
The following improvements have been made to the MAPS 3.4.2 release:
Health Monitor Service
The XML config files have been updated to allow for automatic path configuration when storing performance log files.
Implemented compatibility functionality for spider import and export for the Tooltip spider.
MAPS Web Service
Implemented a version checking mechanism to ensure that only a compatible version of the Web Service is allowed to be connected to by Performance Anywhere. If the Web Service is version 126.96.36.199 or earlier, then Performance Anywhere 188.8.131.52 will NOT connect to it, so users will NOT be able to log in.
MAPS Client Login
The login screen is simplified to only display the Login Profile, Login Name and Password. The advanced view with advanced functionality is accessed by clicking the Advanced View button.
Additional SCADA Components
Any installed components can be seamlessly updated without having to uninstall and reinstall the component.
The following installable components have been added:
- Performance Anywhere which must be installed on a Web Server with Internet Information Services and MAPS Web Service installed.
- GetSlot utility which is a CMD utility that returns the value of the specified tag by using a fully commented script (GetSlot.vbs) that demonstrates how to use the MISSRVR (OLE) object.
- Geographic Information System (GIS) Add-on component, which allows you to add intelligence to maps by providing icons that represent the actual positions of your items, such as your plant or equipment locations.